It is important to provide learners with enough opportunity to test their knowledge and apply skills they've learned to practical assignments, that is why we developed a wide range of various interactive assignments that can provide instant feedback:
On Stepik you can create different assignments:
– your learners have to write a code, which will be run on your tests (stdin → stdout).
– your learners will have to process a randomized dataset within the time limit.
– your learners will have to properly configure a remote server.
– your learners will have to match two lists.
– your learners will have to enter a math formula.
– your learners will have to select the best possible answer (or answers) out of the choices from a list.
– your learners will have to enter a numerical answer.
– your learners will have to sort a given list.
– your learners will have to grade SQL queries
– your learners will have to write an answer in form of a string (text).
— your learners will have to enter a short text, which should match correct answer.
– your learners will have to select the best possible answer (or answers) out of the choices from a table.
Animation — you can create animations using Animatron Editor.
Chemical quiz — your learners will have to enter chemical formula or reaction.
PyCharm — your learners will have to write a code in PyCharm Educational Edition.
Shulte table quiz — your learners will have to find numbers in the correct order.
Manual score — in this step it is possible to give additional points to learners. You need to create a step, establish the maximum number of points and upload to the step csv file, where there are three fields: user ID, the percentage of the maximum amount of points that he gets and the comment that will be seen by the user. Note that you can upload a new file and update users' scores.
Free response and code quizzes can also have Peer Review
when your learners will have to write an answer to an open question, which will be graded by the peers of by yourself.
- Third-party problems integration - integrate an assignment from another person, allowing the learners to still get points for solving it on Stepik.
- Clones - you can clone steps in order to create a variety of them and each learner will only see one version of the step.