Stepik is a cloud-based platform designed to create and distribute interactive educational content, enhanced by various types of automatically graded assignments with a real-time feedback. The platform is suitable for any kind of e-learning activity, from private on-campus classes to MOOCs (massive open online courses). Stepik is designed keeping the needs of computer science education in mind.
Stepik aims to apply data mining techniques to make education more efficient and to improve the way people learn and teach. Adaptive and personalized learning are one of the key priorities of our platform. Our goal is to provide educators in the field of IT with innovative tools for making their educational process more efficient and interactive.
- Open access – Education should be open and widely accessible. That's why we encourage educators to create and distribute the content under Creative Commons licenses.
- Interactive tasks – Various types of automatically graded assignments with real-time feedback are available to content creators at Stepik, as well as scalable plugin system to easily add new types of assignments, if needed.
- Personalization – Learning objects are very subjective by their nature. Therefore, Stepik is built on fuzzy dependencies to provide personalized recommendations – based on user’s learning goals.
- User-generated content – Stepik is designed as a community of experts and educators who are willing to contribute their knowledge and experience by creating and distributing lessons and courses.
- Learning graph – Stepik is focused on structured learning objects. Depending on a learning context, the same fact may be explained differently to each learner based on their prior knowledge, learning goals and language.
Major platform features:
20+ different types of assignments, including programming, data analysis and Linux challenges with automated grading and real-time feedback. You can also use a peer review tool.
Integration with other websites and platforms. You can easily share lessons and embed them on any website. You can also integrate Stepik on any LMS (Canvas, Moodle etc.) or MOOC-platform (Open EdX, Coursera) using IMS Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI).
Stepik is also a full-featured MOOC platform. We host hundreds of massive open online courses (MOOCs) and small private online courses (SPOCs) used around the globe.