Any user can create lessons and courses at Stepik; it is enough to register and agree with the terms and conditions of the platform use. Stepik does not pre-moderate courses, but has the right to remove a course from search results and the catalog in case of important criticism from users and delete the course from the platform if it violates the terms and conditions.
Starting from March 6, 2020, Stepik offers new plans and rules for course creating.
Three types of plans for instructors
- Basic – free cooperation with Stepik. You can create MOOCs and use basic options of the platform;
- PRO – paid subscription for creating courses. This plan enables creation of both open and private courses, as well as use of advanced options;
- Enterprise – a company plan with extended Stepik options and priority support.
You can also create a paid course with PRO opportunities for free, yet you will have to pay at least 12% commission (depending on financial arrangements).
What Stepik offers
To any instructor or organization
- opportunity to use online course constructor, upload materials, create assignments;
- opportunity to communicate with learners via the platform;
- technical support (priority depends on the plan);
- publication of open and free courses in the Popular Courses category (if the course is open, has at least 20 learners and no critics from users), as well as paid ones (if approved by Stepik);
- opportunity to change between plans and use platform’s extended options.
To MOOCs instructors
- help in distribution (in the catalog's categories, Stepik newsletters, social networks) — if the course has at least 1000 learners, general review grade of more than 4.8, and more than 10 reviews, and if it complies with Stepik recommendations;
- access to automatic certificate issue;
- non-profit cooperation agreement if it is necessary for your organization.
These conditions are to be defined individually by the Stepik team.
- Authors’ rights always remain with the course instructor or the company on which behalf the course was published;
- Open courses are distributed under Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0; private and paid courses are not subject to licensing.