Any user can create lessons and courses at Stepik; it is enough to register and agree with the terms and conditions of the platform use. Stepik does not pre-moderate courses, but has the right to remove a course from search results and the catalog in case of important criticism from users and delete the course from the platform if it violates the terms and conditions.
Starting from June, 2022, Stepik offers new plans and rules for course creating.
Three types of plans for instructors
- Basic means free cooperation with Stepik. You will be able to create MOOCs and use basic functions of the platform and paid courses – you can create paid courses and have to pay a commission (depending on financial arrangements);
- Enterprise is a plan for companies. It includes advanced features of Stepik and priority support.
What Stepik offers
To any instructor or organization
- opportunity to use online course constructor, upload materials, create assignments;
- opportunity to communicate with learners via the platform;
- technical support (priority depends on the plan);
- publication of open and free courses in the Popular Courses category (if the course is open, has at least 20 learners and no critics from users), as well as paid ones (if approved by Stepik);
- opportunity to make a course a paid one and use platform’s extended options.
To MOOCs instructors
- help in distribution (in the catalog's categories, Stepik newsletters, social networks) — if the course has at least 1000 learners, general review grade of more than 4.8, and more than 10 reviews, and if it complies with Stepik recommendations;
- access to automatic certificate issue;
- non-profit cooperation agreement if it is necessary for your organization.
These conditions are to be defined individually by the Stepik team.
- Authors’ rights always remain with the course instructor or the company on which behalf the course was published;
- Open courses are distributed under Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0; private and paid courses are not subject to licensing.