It is important to keep in mind following points when creating an assignment:
1. Describe the assignments as clear and specific as possible. Give additional remarks, where necessary.
2. Try to be careful when assessing the difficulty of the assignment. Ideally, the assignment should be difficult enough to challenge the learner and check the understanding of the subject. But not too difficult so it doesn't scare her away. Keep in mind the content you discussed in the module and make sure not to put very difficult assignments at the beginning of your course.
3. Try not to have too many assignments of the same type and difficulty.
4. Use the advanced settings when creating assignments. For example, you can set the assignment to accept any kind of answer as the correct one, for example:
Additional recommendations for creating assignments:
Text of the assignment (base):
- The assignments should be connected to the learning objectives of the step.
- the text of the assignment should be clear. Avoid using ambiguous wording.
- The text of the assignment should be as concise as possible.
- The terminology that you are using in the assignment should all be covered in the course material.
- Ig the assignment text contains negative clauses, make sure to underline it. For example: do NOT submit more than one paragraph.
How design answers for automated grading of the assignments:
- Avoid making the answers very long.
- All the answers should be similar in grammatical structure.
- The answers should be the same length. The correct answer shouldn't be much longer than the wrong one.
- The question and the correct answer shouldn't contain exactly the same words or phrases.
- The terminology in the wrong answers should correspond with the content of the course.
- Eliminate answers that, might be somehow connected with each other.
- If the answer is supposed to look like a few numbers put in the numbers in the system starting from the smallest one and increase them.
- If a learner has to choose a few correct answers do not make all of the options correct (the learners might be confused by the absence of the wrong answer).
You can leave tips/comments to learners:
1. Explanations of each option
You can give feedback depending on the answer (when you edit an assignment write explanations of each option) (for multiple choice).
2. Functions solve() and check(reply)
You can use the functions solve() and check(reply) and give feedback depending on the answer entered by the learner (for text problems).
Look at the example of the assignment.
3. Custom feedback
In all assignments it is possible to specify two types of feedback: if correct and an incorrect answer.
4. Solution forum
You can access the forums (forums where learners can share and discuss answers) or after the correct learners' response or after a predetermined number of attempts:
Solution forum looks like this:
You can work with solution forum similarly with the comments: write an answer, follow, rate the solution as negative or positive, etc.