Each course has following tabs:
Information — general information about the course. This is the first thing that users see when they are introduced to the course.
Reviews — course reviews that all learners can write after passing 80% of the steps in the course.
Syllabus — the structure of the course, which includes modules, lessons, open and close dates and deadlines.
News — information messages to learners created by course admins and teachers.
If your course is a competition, you can add the additional tab Scoreboard — a list of learners in order of decreasing earned points. Example of a course using a scoreboard: https://stepik.org/course/117/scoreboard. For more information about the settings, see below Information> Course format.
In this article, we'll take a look at filling out the Information tab and additional course settings in the sidebar.
Tabs Reviews and Comments are automatically generated when new reviews and comments are added (comments can be disabled). The author adds the news.
More about working with comments and news in the article.
More about adding content to the course in the article.
Adding course information
The first thing that users see in any course is an information page, so pay special attention to filling it. Information about the open course is available for viewing even for unregistered users.
To edit course information click Edit information on the sidebar:
On this page you can add:
1. Course logo. Logo is visible in the Stepik catalog next to the course title. Please follow the rules to choose logo:
- Image size is 230 * 230 px.
- The logo should not have white space at the edges.
- Don't use a lot of letters and small characters in the logo.
- Don't use an image that looks like logos of other courses.
2. Summary. A short overview of the course: why this course, what topic is it revealing and what is given to the learners. This field is required when creating a course, you can edit it at any time.
3. About the course. Do not miss this field, because it contains a basic description for learners. You can write in this field more details about the course.
4. Information about instructors and authors. Add authors and instructors ID (their bio will be added automatically to the course information page from the profiles).
5. Introduction video. Note! Uploading a video can take a long time. We recommend using upload from your computer. Maximum upload file size is 200 Mb.
6. Course dates. More about dates and deadlines in the article.
7. Expected time to complete and workload. Expected time to complete is set automatically based on the average time that learners spend on the course. You can fill in Workload field manually (hours per week).
8. Certificate information. For questions about issuing certificates, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Target audience and requirements.
10. Course format. If your course is a competition, enter in this field word Scoreboard. Otherwise, live this field blank.
On the right side of the course page you can find an arrow with all course settings:
Create class. Invite your learners in a classroom in any open courses on Stepik and get access to their progress and solutions. Any registered Stepik user can create a classroom. More information at https://welcome.stepik.org/en/class.
Edit information. You can add and edit all information from the main page of the course: workload, information about the course, certificate, course format, target audience, requirements, detailed description. You can upload course logo (width = 230 px, height = 230 px), intro video (up to 200 MB in size), add authors of the course and instructors. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
Edit syllabus. You can create modules and lessons in the course, add your lessons that were created before (by their ID or name). Here you can also set open and close date, soft and hard deadlines, choose grading policy for each module and course at all. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
Permissions. This page can help you to add new admins to your course, teachers, testers, and learners. You can do it by Stepik ID, e-mail or specially generated invitation link. The section is available to the creator and admins of the course.
LTI Integration. You can learn more here. The section is available to the creator and admins of the course.
Certificates. Read more about points and certificates. This section is displayed for all private courses, as well as for open courses, which enabled the issuance of certificates. If you have any questions about the issuance of certificates, write to us at email@example.com. In Edit certificate you should upload the organization logo (if needed) and instructors signatures. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
Grade book. It is a list of all learners of the course with their points for each quiz. You can find any learner by his or her name, Stepik ID or e-mail. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
Instructor dashboard. It is a useful page that can help you to find problem steps: steps with the low success rate, abuse, negative and pending comments. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
Statistics. Statistical information about the number of learners that applied for the course, viewed and passed each lesson. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
Reports. You can download grade book and different statistical reports about learners' submissions and activity. Pay attention that reports are deleted after 7 days. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
Attachments. You can upload files on Stepik. Each file size limit: 25MB. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
Clone course and clone module. This option allows you to create the same course but without learners and their activity or clone your module to another your course. These options are available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
Delete course. Only course admin can delete the course.