Each course has following tabs:
- Information — general information about the course. This is the first thing that users see when they are introduced to the course.
- Reviews — course reviews that all learners can write after passing 80% of the steps in the course.
- Comments — combined feed with all the comments left in the course.
- Syllabus — the structure of the course, which includes modules, lessons, open and close dates and deadlines.
- News — information messages to learners created by course admins and teachers.
- If your course is a competition, you can add the additional Scoreboard tab — a list of learners in order of decreasing earned points. Example of a course using a scoreboard: https://stepik.org/course/117/scoreboard. For more information about the settings, see below Information> Course format.
In this article, we'll take a look at filling out the Information tab and additional course settings in the sidebar.
Reviews and Comments tabs are automatically generated when new reviews and comments are added (comments can be disabled). The instructor adds the news.
More about informational pages here.
More about working with comments and news in the article.
More about adding content to the course in the article.
On the right side of the course page you can find an arrow with all course settings:
- Edit information. You can add and edit necessary information at any time. More on this see here. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
- Edit syllabus. You can create modules and lessons in the course, add your lessons that were created before (by their ID or name). Here you can also set open and close date, soft and hard deadlines, choose grading policy for each module and course at all. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
- Attachments. Here you can upload necessary files (compendia, study materials, presentations, etc.). More on this here. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
- Permissions. This page can help you to add new admins, teachers, testers, and learners to your course. You can do it by Stepik ID, e-mail or a specially generated invitation link. The section is only available to the creator and admins of the course. See here.
- Certificates. Read more about points and certificates. This section is displayed for all private courses, as well as for open courses, which enabled the issuance of certificates. If you have any questions about the issuance of certificates, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In Edit certificate you should upload the organization logo (if needed) and instructors signatures. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course.
- Instructor dashboard. It is a useful page to get various reports and find problem steps: steps with the low success rate, abuse, negative and pending comments. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course. Learn more
- Grade book. It is a list of all learners of the course with their points for each quiz. You can find any learner by their name, Stepik ID or e-mail. It can be downloaded in .xls and .csv. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course. Read more here
- Statistics. Statistical information in two diagrams: the number of learners that applied for the course over time and of those who viewed and passed each lesson. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course. See this article
- Reports. You can download grade book and different statistical reports about learners' submissions and activity. Pay attention that reports are deleted after 7 days. The section is available to the creator, admins, and teachers of the course. Learn more
- Create class. This can help you to create a classroom - a group of learners - and follow their progress. It is possible both to courses that you are an instructor of (free option) and any open course in the Stepik catalog (paid option). This section is available to any registered Stepik user.
- Delete course. Only the course creator can delete the course.