Points on Stepik can be received for correct answers to practical assignments in lessons and courses. In some courses, points (https://stepik.org/catalog) will allow you to receive a certificate — regular or with distinction.
For each course, the instructor decides
1. whether there will be certificates;
2. the order of points scoring:
- scores do not depend on deadlines,
- after the soft deadline it is calculated only half of the points,
- points are awarded linearly (the later you have completed the assignment after the deadline, the less they will be);
3. the number of points required to receive a regular certificate;
4. the number of points required to receive the certificate with distinction.
Information on awarding system is for each course is indicated in news notifications as well as at the course's main page (at certificate information section). The number of points awarded for a correct solution can be seen under the assignment itself.
The certificate can be received by registered users in all types of courses after the full completion. If the course has no deadline, you will receive a certificate automatically, and it will be updated if you gain more points later.
Note that certificates are issued and/or updated withing 24 hours.
Certificates are issued in PDF. Certificate link will be available in your profile (go to the Certificates tab or find the course in My courses, press the down arrow in the upper right corner and click at Certificate in the drop-down menu). You can share it or add to your LinkedIn profile.
Please note that the certificate will contain your full name from your profile, so please write the correct information there!
By default, all your certificates are available in your profile and visible to all users of the platform. You can hide certificates using a drop-down menu next to each of them in your profile. In private profiles, certificates can not be seen by anyone but their owner.