Every instructor can create a classroom in every open online course hosted on
Stepik to get access to learner's progress and solutions.
How can you benefit from a classroom?
- Try out blended learning or flip your classroom with minimal effort
You can use assignments from online courses as a part of in-class activity. Or let your learners watch lectures home to make more time for meaningful discussion of the material face to face. The content is already there! You can just try it out without investing hours into making your own.
- Use online course as a precondition for your class
Do you have learners from different backgrounds? Do you need to make sure they pose certain skills and amount of knowledge to move on with the material? Use online courses as a way for your learners to fill in the gaps and assess their progress by observing their performance on assignments. Use online course as additional material for your class.
- Do you have more material that you'd like to share with your learners than time on your hands?
Use online courses as a way to teach your learners more while still getting access to the grades they are getting.
To create a classroom:
- Find a suitable course in the catalog of Stepik.
- Enroll in it and create a classroom in the menu of the course.
- Enter title and description of the classroom:
- Invite your learners to the classroom by sharing the invitation link with them.
- Watch learners' progress on the page https://stepik.org/class/xxx/gradebook (stepik.org/classes --> your classroom --> Gradebook & Submissions). You will see the points scored by learners for each problem in the course, as well as their solutions.
Note that you will not get access to the course content and the settings of the assignments. You will get access to the learner's gradebook and submissions.
The service is free for classes up to 500 people. If you want to invite more students to class, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org