Issuing certificates is an additional option. It is automatically enabled in private courses. Certification in open courses requires compliance with Stepik rules.
Conditions for enabling certification for open courses
- Course shall be popular and have at least 500 learners;
- It shall have reviews and no negative notes (at comments or reviews);
- The course and its instructors shall not breach terms of the platform use;
- The course creation followed our recommendation.
These are the mandatory conditions, but the final decision on enabling the function is made by the Stepik team.
The platform has the certificate editor. You can find it in the Certificates section (shown in the settings after enabling) and change the following:
- Set a number of points necessary to receive an ordinary certificate or a certificate with distinction;
- Upload a teacher’s signature and/or an organization logo. The Signature shall be in png with transparent background, 3000x484 px, contain full name of the teacher in Arial Regular, 12 pt, #5e5e5e, and the signature to the right. Logo format: png, 150 px in height.
Ways of issue
Now there are the following ways to issue a certificate:
- at the time set on the instructor’s demand (only after all deadlines). For that, press Issue the Certificates button;
- at the moment when a learner gains the necessary points. If the learner gains more points later (for example, if the course is not finished yet), the points in the certificates will be refreshed automatically. For that, tick Issue Automatically. Please notice that the certificates will also be issued to those learners who have already gained the necessary number of points;
- Before issuing certificates, make sure that all changes are saved (Save button).