After you've created your course on Stepik it's important to understand how to manage it and support your learners. To see the learning results you can use the statistics and reports of course. Read more about the statistics here.
Under each step, there is a place where users can leave comments. Usually, it is used to ask questions about the course or let the instructor know about some mistakes or issues in the step. You can answer the comments right in the comment section. The general policy is that it is prohibited for learners to share answers to practical assignments, therefore you can feel free to delete such comments. You can view all the comments under the section 'Comments' in every course.
For every comment you can:
- write an answer - answers by instructors will be highlighted.
- follow or unfollow - receive updates on the comment in your email.
- rate the comment as negative or positive.
- delete the comment, if the problem is solved already or if the content of the comment is judged to be inappropriate.
- report the comment to the team of Stepik.
Any moderator or learners can also subscribe specific lessons and step comments.
You can see all comments in a separate tab:
You can also export all comments as a .csv or .xls file in course reports.
The users of the platform also receive various automatically generated notifications (https://stepik.org/notifications). If a user has a lot of unread notifications they will be sent to her email in bulk.
Notifications are sent out in connection with different events on the platform:
- 36 hours before any deadline in a module that a user is enrolled in.
- The starting date of a module of a course the user is enrolled in.
- A reaction to a comment.
- For peer-review and instructor review assignments: a new review or the grade for the assignment.
- If the user is added to a course as an instructor by her User ID.
Besides above mentioned notifications, the instructors receive notifications about:
- Every comment under her step.
- The fact that her report, gradebook or certifications were queued up or generated.