Financial terms and conditions depend on the way of Stepik-Instructor cooperation, as well as on the provided services. You do not have to pay for a subscription (unless you want to have both free and paying learners at your course) but part of the course cost goes to Stepik
12% of the sales goes to Stepik, remaining 88% is paid to the instructor.
Stepik can also help with promotion of the course:
- If the payment is made from the catalog or search, 30% of the sales goes to Stepik, another 70% is paid to the instructor.
- For addition to the Stepik newsletter, advertisement or social network promo actions, 40% of the sales after such actions goes to Stepik, another 60% is paid to the instructor.
With the instructor’s consent Stepik may provide several services with extra fee that is added to the base fee (12 or 30/40%)
- Invoicing learners acting as a legal entity. Additional fee is 25%. The fee amount is added to the base cost of the course. Minimal invoice amount is RUB30,000.
- Transfer and uploading of a paid course by the Stepik team. Total Stepik commission is 50%.
If your course is in US dollars, Stepik transfers your share to your Paddle account after each payment and you can choose when and how you will transfer them to your personal account.
You can see all the Stepik course sales statistics in Payments report in each of your paid courses.
Stepik does not assume any tax obligations for paid courses. After you transferred the money from Paddle, you must pay your taxes yourself on the basis of your tax payer status and laws of the country of your residence.