In December 2020, Stepik introduced a beta version of the new course page design. Starting from February 2, 2021, this version is used by default. Here you can find information on the major changes.
The page of a course you have access to as a teacher or an administrator now looks this way:
The main changes
1. The first choice in the left menu is the "Course" section. Here you can edit the course info, open the syllabus editor, and add files;
2. The "Communications" section now includes everything connected to interactions with learners: course reviews, comments, newsletter editor, and instructor reviews for checking learners' answers (if this feature is activated in your course);
3. The left menu now also has the "Analytics" section where you can access "Gradebook", "Reports", "Statistics", and "Dashboard";
4. The last section of the new menu is "Settings". It contains everything for the course customization: here you can assign access rights, set up certificates, as well as publish the course or change its format (between MOOC, private, or paid).
1. We removed "Edit" and "Administrate" buttons from the syllabus. Some of their functions can now be found in the new menu.
2. You are still able to make a copy of your course or delete it. Now you can do it from your courses list, in the dropdown menu;
3. You can still create a class as well. It can be done at the left menu both on your or another course page.
If you are not only an author, but a Stepik learner as well, look into what has changed for learners.
We hope that you appreciate the new course page design, and it will make it easier for you to learn and create courses. If you have any questions about the course page or can't find some features, contact us, and we will definitely help you.