Starting from March 6, 2020, Stepik has been changing the course publishing terms.
To make the change process smoother for our instructors, we are disabling paid features in two stages:
- On July 1, 2020, we limited access to features related to course and module settings;
- On April 26, 2021, we will do the same with creation and customization of steps.
Features to be limited
If your course doesn't use the sufficient subscription plan, then from April 26, 2021, you won't be able to apply several features to neither existing, nor new steps. These features are:
- Attaching responses in Free Response and Text assignments (available in paid courses / Pro);
- Limits for number of submissions (available in paid courses / Pro);
- Instructor Review (available in paid courses / Pro);
- Manual Score, i.e. uploading learners' grades from a .csv file (available in paid courses / Pro);
- LTI Consumer (available in Enterprise);
- External Grader (available in Enterprise);
- Linux Challenge (available in Enterprise);
- Linux Code Challenge (available in Enterprise).
The courses with these features will not be disabled completely; only the steps will be limited.
How will the response attachment feature be disabled?
If an assignment requiring attachments can be solved another way (via text input field), such step will stay active, but there will not be an option of grading via file. We will remove the feature on April 12, 2021, but the ability to attach responses will remain until April 26, 2021.
How can I prevent it?
- Change the course type to paid / Pro / Enterprise;
- add the lesson to the paid / Pro / Enterprise course, if the lesson previously existed separately from the course;
- remove the features from steps (this is possible for attaching responses and limits for number of submissions);
- remove the step from the lesson.
How do I know whether steps in my course will be disabled?
Check the Publication section
To see the list of all steps with disabled features, open the Publication section.
Check the badges in steps
For the past year, all the features to be disabled as well as the steps with them have been marked with the Pro or Enterprise badges to let you know under which subscription plan they fall. For example:
Steps with limited features now are marked with a blue corner that you can see on the step square icons in the edit mode:
Please check your courses and change the course type to paid/Pro/Enterprise if you want to keep these features.
How disabled steps will be displayed
Instead of a disabled step, learners will see a disclaimer "You can't view the assignment yet" and the assignment won't be available for solving.
Instead of a disabled step, instructors will see a disclaimer reminding to add or move the lesson to a paid/Pro/Enterprise course or to change the course type to paid/Pro/Enterprise (depending on the feature).