To use the app, you first have to sign in into your Stepik account, or sign up and create a new account. You can sign in via:
- Google account
In the iOS app you can sign up and sign in using Apple ID. To learn how to continue using such an account in the web version, read this instruction.
If you already have a Stepik account, make sure you sign in the same way you do in the web version. Otherwise, your progress will not synchronize because this way you will be taking courses in different accounts. Go to this instruction to check whether you signed in under different accounts.
The app has four sections:
In this section, you’ll find:
- your current course
- the latest courses from My courses
- your reviews
- your Wishlist
- recently viewed courses
You can open any subsection or go directly to a course by tapping the arrow on the right from the section or course title.
Here you can look for courses through the search bar and see sets of courses we make for you.
The search results can be filtered by Language (Any, Russian, or English), With certificate, Free.
Catalog also has stories - short reports on courses we find interesting or useful. We also post here links to thematic course collections and courses with discounts.
This section contains your info:
- notifications: the app will remind you to come back to learning at the time you set
- list of courses where you act as an instructor
- personal info
Tap on the icons in the right top corner to use following functions:
- Share: you can post a link to your profile in social media or send it by e-mail or messengers;
- Edit (pencil icon): editing profile. Here you can change your first and last names and short bio. Password change is available in the Android version. In the iOS app you can only edit your personal info (Password and E-mail are not displayed). E-mail can only be changed in the web version.
- Settings (gear wheel icon): app settings (you can find more information here).
In this section you can find all notifications you receive as learner and instructor. By tapping the gear wheel icon in the right top corner, you will open the app’s notification settings. It’s better to use the web version if you need more detailed settings.