Email can only be changed in the browser or mobile browser.
In order to change the email:
- Go to the page https://stepik.org/edit-profile/email;
- Enter a new email in the "New email" field and click the "Add email" button:
- In the field with the new email, click the "Make primary" button;
- Confirm the new email by clicking on the "Email is not verified! Send verification code." A confirmation email will be sent to the specified email address;
- Delete the old email by clicking the "Remove" button.
What should I do if, when trying to change the mail, the message
"E-mail address already exists" appears?
This message is displayed if an account on Stepik is already registered to this email.
Please try adding an email that is not linked to any Stepik account.
Also, you can untie the mail from the account. To do this, please use the password reset form at the link: https://stepik.org/accounts/password/reset/
- Specify in this form the email that you are trying to link to your account. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
- Copy it and paste it into the browser.
- Enter a new password and log in again – with the old email and a new password.
After that, you can add another email for this account on the page https://stepik.org/edit-profile/email and delete the old mail that you need to link to another account.
You can also delete your account if you don't use it. Then this email will again be available for adding in another account.
For deleting your account forever please login on https://stepik.org/ and visit the page https://stepik.org/users/delete-account/ where you will need to re-enter your password.
Note, there is no way to un-delete an account.